Banking & Finance
Attorneys in the Banking & Finance practice area represent financial institutions and borrowers in a broad range of transactions and litigation. We are particularly recognized for our expertise in bond financing involving both corporate and public finance. Our lawyers regularly advise bond trustees and work closely with underwriters and issuers.
We have considerable experience in general and complex commercial and financial matters involving:
- The negotiation and documentation of land development and construction loans
- Asset-based lending arrangements
- Equipment leasing, including aircraft financing
- Private and corporate trust transactions
- Industrial development authority and bond financing, including bond trustee representation
- Problem loan analysis, including workout strategies and forbearance arrangements
- Bankruptcy, acting as Trustee and as counsel for creditors
- Intercreditor arrangements
- Local counsel opinions
- Creditor and lender liability litigation
- Purchase and sale transactions.
We represent clients in bank and savings institution acquisitions, mergers, conversions, matters relating to financial institution insolvency and FDIC open-bank assistance, interest rate swaps, repurchase agreements, and the purchase of mortgage servicing.
Additionally, we represent banks, savings institutions, and their holding companies before regulatory bodies, including preparation of numerous applications to both state and federal bank regulatory authorities concerning all phases of bank and bank holding company operations, trust powers, insurance underwriting and agency activities, mortgage banking, title insurance, brokerage services, branching, relocation and transition of control.