What makes us great.
Founded in 1972 by four graduates from the University of Tulsa College of Law, Riggs Abney is one of Oklahoma’s largest law firms. Riggs, Abney, Neal & Turpen, merged with the firm Robinson, Lewis, Orbison, Smith and Coyle in 1994 to become Riggs, Abney, Neal, Turpen, Orbison & Lewis. Today, the firm is known simply as Riggs Abney, with offices in Tulsa, Oklahoma City and Colorado, providing broad based legal counsel and representation in all aspects of law.
At the very core of our ethos is the call to public service. Through the firm, our attorneys and staff are involved in numerous charitable organizations.
M. David Riggs was a member of the Oklahoma State Legislature for 18 years, and has served as Chairman of the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation Commission, the Oklahoma Nature Conservancy and the Sutton Avian Research Center.
Michael C. Turpen was Oklahoma’s Attorney General from 1982 to 1986, and has helped organize and chair many philanthropic activities and events across the state.
James C. Orbison is a past Chairman of the Education State Lottery Commission, past Vice-Chairman of the Tulsa County Public Facilities Authority, Director of the Tulsa Historical Society, Director of the Center for Legislative Excellence, Trustee of the OSU Lew Wentz Foundation, past Chairman and member of the Oklahoma Transportation Authority and former member of the Federal Home Bank Board.
C.S. Lewis, III and Melvin C. Hall have both served as Chairmen on the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents. Hall also served as the Executive Director of the Oklahoma Human Rights Commission.
Members of every office are active in numerous charitable, civic and service organizations – including those listed below. It is this commitment to public service that gives us our singular identity.
Our dedication to public service is equaled only by our dedication to our clients. The cause of the client is the cause of the Riggs Abney attorney, and each client, regardless of size or the nature of the needed service, has our extensive knowledge, competence and experience at their disposal.
- Allied Arts
- Art Alliance of Tulsa
- Autism Center of Tulsa
- Bacone College
- Boy Scouts of America
- Camp Lutherhoma
- CARE Center, OKC
- Center for Legislative Excellence
- Citizens Action Committee
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Council of State Government
- Downtown District YMCA
- Freedom of Information, Inc.
- Friends of the Fairgrounds
- Gilcrease Museum
- Heritage Hills Association
- Institute for Developing Communities
- Iron Gate
- Keep Oklahoma Beautiful
- Land Legacy
- Lawyers Fighting Hunger
- Leadership Oklahoma
- Leadership Oklahoma City
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma
- Life Senior Services
- Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma
- Mental Health Association
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- OKC AIDS Walk
- Oklahoma Access to Justice Commission
- Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum
- Oklahoma City University School of Law
- Oklahoma Mental Health Association
- Oklahoma State Fair
- Palomar Family Justice Center
- Parent Child Center of Tulsa
- Rainbow Fleet
- Rebuilding Together Tulsa
- Red Earth
- ReMerge of Oklahoma County
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Rotary Club of Oklahoma City
- Sand Springs American Downtown
- Sand Springs Museum Association
- Sandite Team for Animal Rescue
- SeeWorth Academy
- Sutton Avian Research Center
- Swingin’ D Horse Rescue, Inc.
- The Creativity Project
- The Mentoring Project
- The Nature Conservancy
- Tulsa Boys’ Home
- Tulsa Children’s Coalition
- Tulsa Historical Society
- Tulsa Lawyers for Children
- United Way
- Vision Tulsa
- Wild Brew Fundraiser
- Youth Services of Tulsa
David Riggs named mediator at Accord Mediation & Arbitration
David Riggs named mediator for Accord Mediation & Arbitration Accord Mediation & Arbitration has welcomed M. David Riggs as a mediator. He was the Senate
Sharon Weaver named to AMERICA’S top 100 PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS®
Sharon Weaver named to AMERICA’S top 100 PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS® Attorney Sharon K. Weaver was recently selected among America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys® for
Susan and Mike Turpen announced as Honorary Co-Chairs of Lyric Theatre’s 2022 Broadway Bash fundraiser
Susan and Mike Turpen named Honorary Co-Chairs of Lyric Theatre’s 2022 Broadway Bash event Riggs Abney attorney Michael C. Turpen and his wife Susan Turpen